General Contractor since 1994
Enthusiastic craftsman since 1972
Great dad since 2000
Learn more at jayoneil.com
“Being raised in Newport Rhode Island, I couldn’t help but be inspired and motivated by the beauty and craftsmanship of the grand mansions and humble homes surrounding me. Since childhood, I worked with my dad dismantling and rebuilding old historic homes, understanding that solid craftsmanship and quality design are timeless.”
~ Jay O’Neil
What We Do and How We Work
- We build timeless designs.
- We specialize in high quality interior remodeling.
- We create interior finishes and custom cabinetry from foundation to roof.
- We offer a pre-purchase walk through service for potential buyers to see the possibilities a property might hold, including design ideas and ballpark estimates.
- We partner with you to satisfaction.
Our Commitment – To be fair, honest and ethical
Key points for hiring MacGyver Construction as your contractor
- Custom cabinetry builder for discerning clients for over 15 years
- Quality Craftsmanship
- Excellent communication
- Efficiency and Organization
- Environmentally conscious
Why this matters
The most important element of a home project is the proper selection of a general contractor.
When you start the planning process for your remodeling project, choosing a reliable contractor for consideration should involve serious planning and thought. Building a collaborative experience that takes into consideration all the needs of the client should be paramount. Our goal is a commitment to excellence at all stages of the client – contractor partnership. We want to ensure you avoid common pitfalls such as:
- Delays / late projects
- Poor workmanship and communication
- Additional costs through change orders
At MacGyver Construction, we work every step of the way to avoid these potential scenarios.
For those clients that do not have an architect/ designer on board, I’m happy to make recommendations. With numerous proven referrals, I will work with you to create an ideal, compatible relationship. We need to consider compatibility, style of architecture, budget constraints, architect availability, scope of work, whether the project triggers issues with the building department, and the final cost of the architectural firm services. Every architect/ designer is not created equally. Quality and compatibility matter!
All works created by principal, Jay O’Neil of MacGyver Construction, Inc.